Qualify for Medicaid with a Pooled Trust and What You Need to Know About the New Community Medicaid Lookback Period
Thursday, July 30
10:00-11:30 via GoToWebinar
Director of Outreach and Community Relations
NYSARC Trust Services
Attend this workshop to learn how a pooled supplemental needs trust (SNT) can help people with disabilities and older adults seeking long-term care services qualify and maintain financial eligibility for means-tested government benefits to receive community-based Medicaid services and avoid costly spend-downs.
This workshop will cover:
• Community Medicaid services and how to qualify financially
• Update on Community Medicaid eligibility rules, including new 30-month (2.5 year) lookback period for long-term care services
• Detailed overview of pooled trusts and the benefits to help people maintain independence in the community for as long as possible
• How to establish a pooled trust and ensure it meets the regulations set by Federal and New York State statute
• What the trust can pay for to improve the lives of people with disabilities and older adults with disabling chronic conditions.
For more information, visit: www.nysarctrustservices.org
To register, go to: https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/6742813739375393803
This presentation is supported by the Finger Lakes Independence Center and the Tompkins County Office for the Aging, partners in NY Connects, as part of the Disability and Elder Law Series.