Benefits Education and Employment Assistance
The Finger Lakes Independence Center is a member of the American Dream Employment Network (ADEN). ADEN is the first national administrative Employment Network providing face-to-face services to individuals receiving Social Security Administration (SSA) disability benefits.Benefits Education is a useful service for:
- Individuals applying for benefits
- Social Security Beneficiaries interested in employment
- Students transitioning out of high school
- Individual who need assistance managing their current benefits
- Employment Assistance through the Ticket to Work Program is available to:
- Social Security Beneficiaries
- 18 – 64 years old
- Interested in financial independence
- With a “Ticket” available for assignment
Other types of Employment Assistance is also available for individuals with disabilities not receiving Social Security Benefits.
Benefits Education Services include:
- Assistance applying for benefits
- Information and analysis about benefits and entitlements already received
- Information about the SSA’s Ticket to Work Program
- Accurate information about the impact of employment on all benefits
- Assistance ensuring proper reporting of income and work activity
- Proper planning for the transition from benefits to financial independence
- Assistance utilizing available work incentives
- Referral to appropriate community organizations
- And more!
If you are interested in Benefits Education or Employment Assistance, contact our American Dream Employment Network Point of Contact:
Assistance with benefits applications is by appointment.
There is a waiting list for appointments.
To be added to the list, call the main office at 607-272-2433.