September Is National Preparedness Month
The Core Advisory Group of Tompkins County reminds you:
“Emergencies Don’t Wait. Make Your Plan Today.”
What is the Core Advisory Group of Tompkins County?
• The Core Advisory Group (CAG) was formed, with support from FEMA’S (Federal Emergency Management Agency) Disability Integration Unit, by persons with access and functional needs, agencies that provide services to them, emergency responders and other community needs.
• The mission of the group is to advocate for and facilitate the inclusion of persons with access and functional needs in local emergencies planning activities.
• The group identifies issues and barriers and develops strategies for promoting inclusion and integration throughout all phases of emergency management.
• CAG also believes that emergency preparedness is everyone’s responsibility and provides emergency preparedness education in our community
• CAG welcomes all people with and without disabilities in Tompkins County with an interest in disability emergency planning issues.
• For more information, contact Jan Lynch 607-272-2433 or email Jan@fliconline.org