Traumatic Brain Injury Support Group
The Brain Injury Association of New York State holds this group for all brain injury survivors and families.
The group currently meets the 3rd Thursday, 1:00 – 3:00 p.m at the Finger Lakes Independence Center, 215 Fifth Street in Ithaca.
About the Brain Injury Association of New York State
The Brain Injury Association of New York State (BIANYS) is a statewide non-profit membership organization that advocates on behalf of individuals with brain injuries and their families, and promotes prevention. Established in 1982, BIANYS provides education, advocacy and community support services that lead to the improved outcome for children and adults with brain injuries.
Brain Injury Information Clearinghouse
• National Brain Injury Information Center (NBIIC)
• Family Helpline (1-800-444-6443)
• Resources and Resource Library
• Newsletter; Website; Facebook; Twitter; Instagram
• Chapters and Support Groups
Family Advocacy Counseling &
Training Services Program (FACTS)
• Available for individuals injured before age 22 and their families
• Statewide network of FACTS Coordinators
• Available at no cost, in addition to waiver services
• Advocacy, linkage to community resources, community education, work in schools