In-Home Personal Care Options
If you are 60 years old or older and do not qualify for Medicaid but need care in your home call:
Tompkins County Department of Social Services Long Term Care 274-5278
The Registry and The EISEP program are made possible through funding from the Tompkins County Office for the Aging and New York State Office for the Aging.
- If you would like more control over the in-home services you receive, the CDPAP program is designed to offer you this opportunity. Admission to CDPAP depends on:
- Being a resident of Tompkins or Tioga Counties.
- Being eligible for Medicaid.
- Receiving or being approved to receive personal assistance by you Managed Care Provider.
- Care is based on an assessment done by a nurse form your Long Term Care Provider.
- You must be 18 years old or older or have a guardian or designated proxy.
- You must be willing and able to make informed decisions regarding the type of quality of home care services to be provided and to participate in the selection scheduling, supervision, evaluation and termination of personal attendants.
- A booklet is provided as a reference to individuals choosing to participate in the program. The booklet includes information about recruiting and training attendants, maintaining an employer/employee relationship, problem solving and assertiveness skills and locating back-up attendants to avoid breaks in service.
- The Registry is a program that matches people in Tompkins County that need in-home workers with individuals able to work in people’s homes.
- The Registry maintains a listing of in-home Caregivers who have been screened through a face to face interview and whose references have been checked.
- If you are in need of someone that is certified in nursing (RN, LPN) we have Caregivers who are qualified.
- If you just need someone to help with housekeeping, or yard work, we have Caregivers that are available to do that too.
- The Registry Program is made possible by funding from Tompkins County Office for the Aging (COFA) and New York State Office for the Aging (SOFA).
• EISEP stands for Expanded In- Home Services for the Elderly Program is for people 60 years old or older that live in Tompkins County and need non-medical in-home services.
- Cost is based on monthly income and housing expense or a sliding scale, for people that are not Medicaid eligible.
- NY Connects Department of Social Services Long Term Care Department will send a nurse to your house to evaluate your needs.
- You (the Consumer) have to fill out an application and sign an agreement through the Finger Lakes Independence Center before care begins.